Friday, September 16, 2011

September 15, 2011 Shooting with Mama

Me and mama with our certificates
Last weekend I got to do something that I've been wanting to do for a long time, attend a carry-conceal class.  As an added bonus I got to go with one of the finest people on earth, my Mama.
During a recent visit to the Gun Vault I noticed a flyer from Lewis Creek Shooting School describing an upcoming class.  So I called the instructor, Dick Jones, and boy am I glad I did.
The class was great.  Dick and his wife, Cherie, did a wonderful job of making the sometimes drab material fun and exciting.  The technical, or shooting, portion of the class was on their property, using their firearms and ammunition (we could have brought our own if desired).  Lunch, pheasant creole with rice, salad, bread and peach cobbler were all homemade, and nearly worth the cost of the class alone. 
Mom and I both passed the written test and shooting competency portions of the class.  I was so proud of her considering she'd never fired a gun before.  As you can tell from the photo above we had a blast....literally!
To find out more information about Lewis Creek Shooting School or to register for future classes visit the Jones' website, Off the Porch Media

No comments: