Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, 2011 Worm Dippers

Is there really anything better than taking your kids fishing?  Last night Mark & Bailey took me and the four hooligans down to their neighbors' pond for some angling action.  To say my kids were excited would be the understatement of the year.  Even the 3-year old, who has lived the majority of his life in a desert and never held a fishing rod, was tore up.
3 Zebcos, a bunch of hooks, some bobbers and a box of nightcrawlers were our gear.  I had enough sense not to bring any of my equipment.  This wasn't my first dance, I knew that being on a small dock with 4 kids, 10 years-old and under, was less about self and more about self preservation.  Actually they did a great job.  There were tense moments at times; fish flopping on the deck, lines and hooks flying all around, a little girl, jumping up and down screeching "I did it!  I caught one, I caught one!" at the top of her lungs.  But boy was it worth it.  So grateful for the chance to fish with my family and for people, like Mark & Bailey that were kind enough to invite us.  It's good to be home!

No comments: