Monday, October 1, 2007

Outdoor Devotion - License


li·cense - noun - A legal document giving official permission to do something.
This morning I filled out the paperwork for my daughter, Micah's, lifetime hunting and fishing license. Like many states North Carolina offers a comprehensive sporting license, covering hunting, fishing (and just recently saltwater fishing) in our great state. If you apply before your child is a year old the cost is $275. The adult cost is $675. As I was filling in the blanks on the application it brought a smile to my face, and maybe a tear or two to the eye, thinking about my baby girl as a little girl, as a teen, as a young woman, as a lady, as a senior adult enjoying time in the outdoors. What an honor to make a provision for her so that, other than a federal waterfowl stamp, Micah will never have to pay for a licence in the state of North Carolina.

li·cense - noun - Freedom to deviate deliberately from normally applicable rules or practices
It brought to mind another purchase made by a father many years ago. With the hammering of nails into flesh and wood and with the subsequent rolling away of a tombstone, my Father made a provision for my life that I would never have to pay for the wrongs that I used to commit, am currently committing or will commit in the future. What an awesome thought to know that the natural process of going through my life, dying and reaping the results of a Godless lifestyle in a sinners hell does not apply to me. I pray you know Him as your Savior and can experience this sweet license.




It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:1

No comments: